Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Red rover, red rover, send NATE over!

My own hounds are usually very helpful in guiding a foster along the path to pet-life.  Sometimes, maybe not so much.

On Saturday, his first full day here, one of Nate's early lessons was to learn to do the stairs so he could go out into the yard.  Going down went ok when he was swept along with the house hounds, but then he had to come back up.

Nope.  Not me.  I'll stand down here forever but I am not climbing... those... stairs.

No problem.  That's actually pretty normal.  So, I went down to give him a hand, and we made it up to the first landing with just some gentle nudges.

And then he stopped again.


That's when I saw why.  His house-hound coaches:


C'mon Nate!  You can do it, Nate!  It's just a few more steps, Nate!   And Nate listened!!!



Yea, Nate!!!  Yea, coaches!  Another lesson learned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment