Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nate's settling into home-life

Nate's been in pet-life now for just a little over 2 weeks, and he's adjusted to it very well.  His temperament remains polite and gentlemanly but, with the competition of several other hounds, he's now near the front of the line for treats instead of at the back!

He has no real fears or phobias, taking everything in stride.

He rides well in the van:

He's not alarmed with the vacuum cleaner:

He was a little concerned with the gurgling sounds of the coffee brewing over his head while he was having breakfast, but we've worked through that.  Morning coffee is non-negotiable in this house!!!  

Nate sleeps well til around 5:30, and then starts to prowl around.  If I don't let him out, he can't wait and I have something to clean up.  We are working on that  :-))  No photos of that!!!

At M&G's, he's been greyt!  He's a little reserved but not at all shy, and enjoys petting and attention.  He continues to do well with other dogs.

Nate almost roached last night - it was more of a lean - but it's as close as I've seen yet!!



When I leave, I've both crated him and left him loose with my hounds, depending on how long I'm gone.  Nate still crates very easily - walks right in and I reward him with treats.  When I get back, he's always laying down and calm.


When he's crated, he's really by himself since my crates are in a downstairs foster room and my own hounds are upstairs.  He seems fine with that.

When I leave and he's loose with my hounds, I usually still muzzle him - both for his own protection and in case he gets too curious about things in the house.  If it's a very short trip, and he's not muzzled, he's been fine.

Has he ever been bad?  Well, I left a shoe out and he was chewing on it.  That was my bad!!  And he happily relocates small throw rugs to new and more nicer spots :-o

Nate is one sweet boy!!

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate's not a new addition here, but he's sure sweet enough to stay :-)) Nate's my foster, and he's looking for his forever home. He'll really be a greyt hound for someone!

    ReplyDelete